Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Staging a property for Sale


As you probably know Simon and I have a Real Estate business on Sydney's Northern Beaches. While my role is mainly behind the scenes dealing with admin and client pampering I sometimes help  him with staging a property for sale when the need arises.

Recently Simon was selling a  3 bedroom duplex that was unfurnished and was looking a little cold and unloved. The 2 living areas were an odd shape and undefined and Simon could see that purchasers were having trouble visualising how they would live in these spaces.

We agreed on a budget with the owner and I began to pull together a mood board and do a floor plan to work out which furniture was needed and what lay out would work best.

As the property is near the beach,  I wanted to do a modern coastal vibe. I also wanted to stick to my "signature look" with lots of white, rattan, large prints and indoor plants as I know that works.
I wanted to stretch the budget as far as I could so I looked for inexpensive pieces from Kmart, Ikea and Fantastic Furniture to furnish the house. I added in a few accessories to soften everthing and give the property a homely feel.

Below is a few of the pieces I put together to give this duplex a beachy feel.


Below is a couple of photos of the property before. The duplex had been given a fresh coat of white paint and new carpet laid. It was a blank canvas.


I kept things fairly simple and divided the rooms into a living space and a dining space

You can see a peek of the transformation below......
(I snapped a few on my phone before I left)





I've listed my sources of the furniture and homewares below:

Sofas - Ikea

Rugs - Home on Darley

Armchairs - Kmart

Coffee Table - Ikea

Side Table - Kmart

TV Cabinets - Fantastic Furniture

Prints - Etsy - try Lila x Lola or SisiandSeb

Frames - Kmart

Baskets - Kmart

Dining Table - Fantastic Furniture

Dining Chairs - Fantastic Furniture

Artificial Plants - Adairs



I love that I can use my passion for interiors in new spaces. I love the challenge of creating a "home" from a blank canvas.

I think it's definitely easier to visualise your own furniture in a space that's already furnished as opposed to an empty property. What do you think?

1 comment:

Thanks for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover