Saturday, June 28, 2014

Saturday Sweets - Chocolate Crunch Bars

Saturday is the day where I usually get a chance to potter around the kitchen.

Sweet always takes preference over savoury in this house, so I am always on the lookout for yummy new recipes to try. 
Chocolate anything is always a favourite!

I loved the look of these Chocolate Crunch Bars I saw on TakeaMegabite.com

They also look super easy, I have the ingredients in my cupboard and the kids can help me make them.
Win, win, win!



Chocolate Crunch Bars
Recipe from Mast Brothers Chocolate Cookbook
Ingredients:
 1 1/2 lbs. dark chocolate, chopped
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
2 T peanut butter
1 T honey
4 cups rice krispies (rice bubbles)
sea salt, for sprinkling
Directions:
In a double-boiler, melt the chocolate and butter together. Add peanut butter and honey. Mix in rice krispies and pour into a parchment lined 9-inch baking dish. Pop in the fridge or freezer until firm. Slice!
Recipe and photo by Take a Mega Bite

1 comment:

  1. Hi Simone! Just checking in to say hi! Sorry it's been a while once again but life's been busy... Funny reading this post as I spent Saturday in our kitchen pottering and making brownies (from a packet) but it still felt good to do something so homely. I hope you're well!

    Sal x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover