Monday, December 3, 2018

Our Christmas Home Tour- 2018

December is here and we are embracing all things Christmas.
We pulled out our old favourite Christmas decorations and threw in a few new ones too.

The overall look in our home during this festive season is a very simple Christmas vibe with lots of garlands, wreaths and lots of natural tones. With a few sparkly pieces added in here and there.



As you enter the front door it is a mass of greenery with garlands from Ikea (old ones) and our wreath from Balsam Hill. It lights up on a timer at night. The wooden strands are from Kmart.


I kept the entry way pretty simple with a strand of bells, a mini fake tree and a sparkly Christmas message I bought at Target.



The living room mirror received a garland (old one from Ikea) a sequin "Merry + Bright banner, mini bottle brush Christmas trees and some reindeer and a sleigh from Kmart. The sleigh was originally red but I just painted it black to match it into my other decor.


I repeated the same garland and banner look for my other mirror. 
Our tree is the Baby California Redwood from Balsam Hill. I love the size, fullness and the lights. 
Our ornaments have been collected over the years from various places. 
Some from Target, Kmart, Adairs, Domayne, Pottery Barn, Down to the Woods, Myer.



Our buffet was dressed up with another garland (old one from Ikea) I really love these garlands as they drape easily, don't shed needles and are a bit thinner than some others I've seen.  
The wooden star and stockings from Kmart.


Another wooden star and silver baubles from Kmart. We've had the XMAS letters for ages and I've forgotten where they were from. This cute little reindeer was from Down to the Woods.


We have had this Christmas countdown for years. I think it was originally from Target. 
Mini bottle brushes from Kmart. Gold baubles in a cloche also from Kmart.


Another reindeer + sleigh..... 
In other years I have draped garlands on these shelves but I thought the plants added enough greenery.




Our Elf on the Shelf Melvin has returned and has been getting up to some fun activities. I bought some new accessories for him from Elf on the Shelf and My Magical Moments.
The kids love seeing what he has been up to each morning.


Have you got your Christmas decorations up?
Do you prefer neutral tones or traditional Christmas colours?


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always Simone! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!
    Daisy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a Beautiful . ❤❤❤❤ Thanks for sharing! ❤❤❤ Free Christmas images

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover