Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Turning 40.....

I celebrated a milestone birthday last weekend, I turned 40!
I knew I didn't want a big party but rather a few different celebrations to mark the occasion. 
I've got a few lunches + dinners booked in with friends and a couple of weekends away in the next month to keep the party going!  But on the night of my actual birthday I wanted to have a special dinner with my nearest and dearest. We had the dinner at home so all of the kids could be comfortable and we could relax more so than if we were out at a restaurant with them.

The day before my birthday my mum came over to help me set the table and we had an enjoyable time faffing about and making things pretty. The table consisted of all of my favourite things. Flowers, crystals and candles! 

On the night we mixed up some delicious Gin + Elderflower cocktails and a platter to start and then Simon made dinner for us all. Dessert was a lemon meringue pie and a chocolate board. 
A definite hit!

Here are some photos of the night.......













I had an amazing night and felt blessed to be surrounded by so much love!
I'm looking forward to everything the future holds. Exciting stuff!

Have you celebrated a milestone birthday lately?



For my birthday dinner table I shopped my cupboards and when I shared some photos on Instagram I received lots of questions on where I sourced my table settings. 

Details are below - 
Timber boards - Big W ( last year)

 Big candles - Freedom (years ago)

Vases - Target (current)

Pink dinner set - Ikea (current)

Glasses - Domayne - (years ago)

Gold cutlery - Big W - (current)

Crystals - my Etsy shop - (current)

Place settings - ivy from my yard 
(chalk pen to write the names on them)







1 comment:

  1. Belated birthday wishes. I've not seen a chocolate board before. Lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover