Friday, August 19, 2011

Have a wonderful weekend.


Hi everyone, I have been a little quiet on here lately but just wanted to let you know that I am still around and reading your blogs and commenting when I can :)

Life just seems to be going at a frantic pace at the moment, so I thought I would catch you up on what I have been up to. 

* The boys have been busy at school and there has been lots of extra curricular activities of late. Athletics carnivals, zone carnivals, parent days at kindy, musicals, swimming lessons, not to mention weekend sports and the 2 (!) training sessions a week this requires (crazy for 9yr olds don't you think?).
Finn had to drop his guitar lessons as we were struggling to fit them in and find the practice time. Hopefully we can pick them up again once life slows down.

* My in-laws are selling their family home after living there for 35 years. They are retiring and down sizing so we have been helping them through this process. 
It will really be an end of an era!

*My prints are selling really well on my facebook page so this has been keeping me busy too. I was going to expand with a website etc but I am frantically trying to keep pace as it is so I think I will just stick to facebook at the moment. Also after the Kidspot competitition, I had a lot of offers and invitations in regards to my blog. So I have been juggling things and deciding on what direction I want to take Honey and Fizz. Or is it ok to keep it as is, my little online diary and mood board?

*I can not shake this flu! I am into my 2nd week and still feeling lethargic and blurgh! Can't wait to feel like myself again. We had also planned a trip to New York in September but are thinking of pushing it back to October. Has anyone been then? Not too cold?

* We have had a few losses within our extended family recently. 3 people in 1 month is a bit much. It really makes you think how precious life is.

*I haven't caught up with any friends lately, read my book club books, exercised, finished Jasper's room (the canvas is finished just not hung!), got on top of the housework, there is always so much to do!

But you know what, I am not sweating the small stuff, it is all so tiny in the grand scheme of things.
So hopefully that will explain why I haven't been around much :)
 I didn't want you to think that I had forgotten about you xx

Have a wonderful weekend
Simone xx

4 comments:

  1. Lots going on for you, Simone. I hope you start to feel better soon, everything is so much more complicated when you're not feeling your best. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor Simone. This sounds like a real mixed bag of good and bad. Life is hectic isn't it? and precious, you hit the nail on the head there. I'm so pleased for you about the offers for your blog, you really deserve it, it is such a wonderful space here. Whatever path you decide to take, I have no doubt it will be the right one and I'll look forward to following the journey along the way :o)
    Hope you have an enjoyable weekend and start to feel A1 again soon! Surely the onset of Spring will make a difference... I know I am hanging out for it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOunds like things have been pretty full on for you lately, it's a bit crazy/hectic in our household at the moment too. Sorry to hear you've lost some family members :( What a pain you've still got the flu, it's terrible when you have to carry on through the days not feeling 100%. Keep well xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here too.

    Hoping you're well again soon... gxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover