Thursday, July 8, 2010

My first award!


I received the Sunshine Award from the lovely Sal at once.daily.chic.

I was so excited. I felt like I was back at school again!! I have only been blogging for about 6 weeks but I am definately addicted!!

So I am supposed to tell you 7 things you wouldnt know about me.
Here we go!

1. I have been married for 10 years, 11 in December. I got married when I was 22 (quite young these days!) but when you know you know:)

2. I can't drive a manual car. I have a phobia about it after I learnt to drive at 16 yrs old in a manual and was constantly stalling at roundabouts and traffic lights with people honking at me!

3. I dont drink coffee as I dont like the taste but I will drink iced coffee, eat coffee icecream and coffee flavoured cake. Weirdo!!

4. My husband's name is Simon. My name is Simone. Yes , how embarrassing!! We are one of those couples! It always gets a comment!

5. I am a speed reader. I can finish a book in a day. This is quite annoying as I go through so many books. Sometimes you want to savour it!!

6. I am petrified about mice. I once spent an hour sitting on the kitchen bench when I was home alone and saw a mouse. I had to wait until hubby came home and made sure it had gone!

7. I can't cook chicken to save myself! No matter how I cook it whether it's roasted, grilled, or in a casserole it is always so dry. I will keep trying though!!

So that is a bit about me:)

I have to pass this award on so I will pass it onto:

Amanda at Homely One

Melinda at Here we go Loopy Lou

Janette at My Sweet Prints

Kellie at Ada & Darcy

Hope you are doing something nice today

Simone xx

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award Simone. It was great to learn more about you. That's funny about the coffee. I am like that with mangos, don't like mangos but love anything mangho flavoured. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award Simone. I too am a bit of a speed reader, it drives my husband crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny re the chicken!
    try using thighs instead of breasts!
    sal x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award, Simone. Great list! I am a book-in-a-day person too, I go through them way too fast. Sometimes I read them a second time around to pick up bits I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award Simone! I loved getting to know a bit more about you. Your 'Simone / Simon' fact made me smile :) Thank you so much for passing on this award to me. You have made my day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. McCarthy designs - actually I might have to agree with you on the mango as well!

    KT - it drives me crazy that other people cant read as fast! Hate waiting for them to catch up :)

    Sal - hubby will only eat breast! He was spoilt as a child and still is! :)

    Abby - I read books again too. Sometimes with my favourites I have read them over and over and over. Good breaks in between though :)

    Amanda - I know, I know, something funny about it:) My pleasure to pass on the award. Love reading your blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover