Thursday, February 16, 2017

A quick DIY project - recovering a tray


I've had this tray on my coffee table for a couple of years now and I absolutely love it. It's the perfect size to hold a vase, my magazines and a few other bits and pieces. I love popping everything into a tray to keep things looking neat and tidy plus it's easily removed if you have to make space when friends come over.

It was starting to look a little tire, worn and scratched and I had been looking around to replace it but couldn't find another tray in the right size that I liked. So I came up with a solution to give the tray a fresh look.  As I was doing the groceries the other day, I saw a roll of marble contact paper in the stationery aisle and I knew that this was the answer and my quick fix.


It was so quick and easy, the whole thing probably took about 10 mins. I measured the size I needed, stuck it down and trimmed around the edges with a stanley knife to keep it neat. There were slight gaps on one side but I just added more contact paper and it all blended in. I used 2 layers of the contact paper to cover up the black chevron pattern.

Once the flowers, magazines and crystals were back on top of the tray it looked as good as new!


Now I have some marble contact paper left over I'm looking for some more things to cover.
I did this to my laptop a while ago and I heard a friend covered a desk and it turned out amazing!

Have you completed any quick DIY projects around the house lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover