Saturday, October 12, 2013

Around here this week.


The jasmine is in bloom and looks so pretty and smells divine!


I finally got around to using my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I painted the boys art table in Provence Blue. I love it. It was so easy to do, no priming or sanding. I have a couple of bigger projects I want to do when I don't have so many "helpers" around.


Simon was away over the long week competing in the Australian Masters Games in Melbourne.
He came away with a silver medal.


I was in Target the other day and couldn't resist the linen from the latest Real Living magazine cover.
I can't seem to break away from the yellow. So fresh!


This was the lightbox message this week. I might not have this one for a while as everytime the boys were acting silly/naughty, their comeback was "well the lightbox said we could be silly!" ;)


I had a little thrill when I saw one of my Instagram pics in one of the Sunday papers. It was a great start to the day.


I changed up the cushions this week. I brought out the palms again in honour of the fabulous weather we've been having lately.

How's your week been? Have a gorgeous weekend x

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, you'll have to come over for a cuppa soon x

      Delete
  2. Loving your new bed linen Simone. With that paint, is it a matte texture? I love the colour you've gone with xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, yes I think its the combo of the floral and stripes that won me over! The paint is a matt texture but you can also pop a wax over it for a more glossier finish x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your feature in Sunday Style. I always admire your photos, they are so beautiful.
    Yvette
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvette, I saw your pic in their this Sunday! Always nice to see a familiar name in there x

      Delete
  4. LOVING that bedding! And I've been meaning to buy some Annie Sloan paint to freshen up the kid's little table and chairs - to cover the chipped, faded and stained Disney Princess theme that Ryder is not a fan of LOL.
    Have a great week,
    Claire x
    http://claireeverafter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Claire, its so easy to use! I must pop over to your blog, I don't know why it's not coming up on my blog roll x

      Delete
  5. Everything looks fab Simone! I love this time of year too. This week I started my own blog (eeek!) I'd be so honoured if you had a quick look, you are certainly a blogger I look up to.
    Daisy xo
    http://www.drivingmissdaisyblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww lovely!! :) that colour of blue is plain gorgeous! And that light box message is such a fun idea! I'm hoping to do something similar and customizable next time...maybe with a black wall and chalk :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover