Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hormones or just a sooky la la?!


So I am blaming the pregnancy hormones but I have been acting like a real sook lately and bursting into tears at the slightest thing.

Some of the things that have made me cry in the last week have been -

* my iphone breaking and losing all 19 of my photos of my 365 day project (could have been worse!)

* the dog leaving a foot print on my white quilt after I had just had it drycleaned

* Simon buying nectarines instead of white peaches!

* Simon ordering the same mango smoothie as me at a restaurant for bfast. I felt he was copying me!

* the boys leaving their clothes on the laundry floor instead of in the basket.

* my hydrangeas died :(

* every time I pour myself a glass of water somebody asks me for a sip.

Now not all of these "moments" have been big floods of tears, sometimes I just do my "princess" tears.
You know when your eyes well up and a tear just slowly slides down your cheek?

The boys just stare at me then burst out laughing! Asking me "Are you seriously crying about a peach?"

I then like to flounce off to my room for a few minutes until I compose myself.

Fun times!

Fingers crossed it's the hormones, because then there is an end in sight!

Simone xx

Anyone else out there prone to tears at the moment?

12 comments:

  1. Oh Simone, this post made me chuckle heartily. Not laughing at your tears hun, but you do write a humorous post :o)
    Some of those things I totally understand you having a bit of a weep over. I would hate to lose any photos I'd taken for a purpose and I tend to get a bit funny if Scott buys the wrong thing or orders the same food/drink as I do. Hang in there, your poor hormones are in turmoil right now xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is 4 1/2 months old and I still get really emotional about lots of things, lol. I mean anything will make me cry, and I have never been a crier! Hang in there though. It does get better...I think, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, do I relate to this {and sorry, but I too got a giggle or two from it}. Damned hormones! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god love you honey! It's the hormones for sure, mind you some of those things would give me the cranky franks too. Cry away sweets, I'm sure the boys understand xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. I am not even pregnant and I cry over the most ridiculous things... I blame it on girlhood : ) I like your excuse WAY better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Simone, crazy hormones.....PMS x 100! I do remember these days but the sooky la la during movies has hung around. Such a sook now after kids.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Simone, this is the best post EVER! I love everything about it.

    It's the hormones and it's so wonderful, cry away my lady friend. big juicy sobs.

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  8. This truly made me laugh. And feel slightly better about not being pregnant at the moment.
    Thank you.
    Although my PMS sounds disturbingly similar… flouncing off to my room in a huff at least once a day, being spiteful one minute then feeling sad about my bitchiness the next…
    p.s. I would totally cry about the broken iphone and lost photos too anytime of the year :(
    How many more weeks to go?
    Wishing you an end in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, I'm currently living overseas in a country that is very challenging. Lately all I seem to do is cry at the smallest things.
    Definitely your hormones, hang in there!

    Nicky Singh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, I'm currently living overseas in a country that is very challenging. Lately all I seem to do is cry at the smallest things.
    Definitely your hormones, hang in there!

    Nicky Singh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the support ladies! I have to admit, I have to laugh at myself too but I'm loving the freedom to release my inner drama queen! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Simone. Understandable. And I would cry if my iPhone broke :) Take care xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :) You just made my day xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover